Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Artist Statement

This year in Digital photography we have had many projects. In my portfolio you will find all of my experiences that I have had in digital photography class throughout the year. I am very proud of everything I have done in this class. I have learned many things from this class, that are necessary and will come in handy in the future. I believe I was most successful with my quilt squares. I didn’t get to finish all four because I started late, and only had time to do two. I believe I was most successful with this project because I really enjoyed it, and that helped me get into it, and it helped me, I tried to put my all my interest and skills into that, and I really liked describing myself. It let’s others know what they can’t see inside. What I am most passionate about. I had the most trouble with coming up with ideas for my projects.

After I made the quilt squares, after that I had a hard time. It was when I really struggle with coming up with ideas. I had a hard time with the invitations, because I felt like I had used up all my good ideas. But this class has helped me find out that all ideas are good, and they are worth giving it a try. After a while I started coming up with new things again, and I got into what I was doing, so I put my head into it and tried to do the best I could. This class has helped me improve the way I take pictures. In the future I plan to use ISO the most. I really like how it works. I like how it can make the lighting stand out. I didn’t know anything about cameras before I came in here. Probably the most I knew about was how to take a picture, and how to use the flash. I always wondered what all those other buttons were for.

I really enjoyed using Photoshop. I don’t really know much about it, and I don’t have much experience with it, but I can to use it more in the future. I would have to say that my favorite tool in Photoshop was the magic wand. It saves you a lot of time, and most of the time it deletes what you want deleted pretty well. I would have to save that the quilt squares connected the most to my life because it was basically about me. I got to share things that others probably didn’t know about me, and my dream career, which many were shocked by. I think my life experiences affect my art in dark ways. I see the world as a life full of lessons to be learned. Out of every situation you experience there is a meaning behind it. Out of all the artist that we studied in class over the year, I believe I can related the most to is Robert ParkeHarrison.

I can relate to him because he makes things that are completely unrealistic seen real.
He has a way of having like this dream world where the impossible is possible. I can relate to that because, I have always dreamt of like that, like moving the ground like it’s a piece of carpet, walking on clouds, Pegasus, and birds pulling me into the sky. In my head I always think about these kinds of things. I have always thought about walking on clouds, but it is unrealistic. I have my own little dream world, and it’s the things he creates that make it a dream. I have improved with many things, I can do a better job of putting things together and making them blend. Since I was only here for a semester, I would have to say my quilt squares. As I might have said before, it was meaningful to me to make them because I got to express myself.
It was easy and hard at the same time.


There are so many things about me that I didn’t know which ones to put on there. If I were to say which one was the most important to me from first semester, it would be the social issue. I have been peer pressured throughout my whole life, and there was a time when it would get to me, but now it never does. I am independent and I don’t believe I have to do something stupid in order to please anyway. One thing, if they know you’re uncomfortable with doing that, and they still ask you, they don’t care about you. That’s the way see it now, and probably always will. Everyone get’s peer pressured, but many make the wrong choice.

No comments: