Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Artist Statement

My quilt square is about expressing myself in a way that can help people understand how I feel on the inside. What you see in my artwork are mostly pictures of people who bring joy and happiness to my life, and basically things that describe me. I didn't put as many things as I would have liked to put, but you can still see many of them. For example, I get many questions from people i know about the girl with the firefighter hat on. With that picture I was trying to express bravery. It demonstrates bravery to me because not a lot of peopl would prove to be courageous enough to be a firefighter, and with the saying that a man is always braver and stronger than a woman, this picture proves that wrong. To me that is brave because she is doing something and risking her life on something a lot of people wouldn't do.

No comments: